Fa Optical Water Indicator
This fault indicates an error with the sensor in your machine that monitors the water cleanliness. If this sensor detects dirty water the machine may repeat a rinse cycle. If dirt has blocked the senor it may also show this error. Check the sensors and its connections with the control panel will need checking. There is also a chance excessive foaming of detergent in your dishwasher could give this sensor an inaccurate reading.
Page : Table Of Contents
How To Reset Your Whirlpool Dishwasher
Your Whirlpool dishwasher in a jam again? Dont you hate it when that happens?
If this happens to you time and again, you might be thinking of swapping out the old washer for a new and upgraded model.
Let me stop you right here.
If you have a Whirlpool dishwasher that coughs up a little every week or two, I can give you some basic guidelines on how to reset your Whirlpool dishwasher within minutes.
First, try to reset the dishwasher via by turning off the dishwasher, unplugging it for 5 minutes, then plug it back in. If that doesnt work, try activing diagnostic mode by pressing heated dry, normal, heated dry, normal to let the dishwasher reset its software.
If neither of those have worked, then keep reading for more details on resetting your specific model. Lets get that Whirlpool dishwasher whirling again.
Read Also: Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Parts Diagram
Also Check: Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge Walmart
Test The Thermal Fuse
The thermal fuse prevents damage to electrical components due to overheating. If it blows, it shuts down the dishwasher. Find the thermal fuse on the control board, behind the inner door. Disconnect the two connecting wires and remove the fuse from the control panel to test it. Set the multimeter to Rx1 and touch the probes to the contacts on the fuse. This should produce a reading of zero. Replace the thermal fuse if you get any other reading.
Page : Cycle And Option Descriptions
Dont Miss: What Is An Ada Dishwasher
You May Like: Samsung Dishwasher Leaking From Bottom Of Door
Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher Wont Latch
If the door doesnt latch shut, try the following:
- Use more force- Sometimes the dishwasher needs more force to close.
- Ensure the machine is level The issue may occur if it was not leveled properly during installation.
- Remove any protruding dishes in the racks Check if there are any hindering dishes in the racks and remove them.
- Modify the catch plate Try to make the catch plate engage better. You can, for instance, use a dremel tool to modify the little notch . That could make the catch plate stick out further so that it will engage more solidly with your latch.
- Fix the Hinges Try to repair them if they appear bent .
- Try a new door gasket- The door gasket is a common issue when the latch is not closing.
- Check the door spring The spring could be interfering so check and try to correct its position.
- Replace the door latch assembly The latch may have finally given way. Here is a replacement latch that works for most whirlpool dishwashers
- Replace the door If the door is warped badly, you might need to buy a replacement to fix the issue permanently.
How To Reset Newer Whirlpool Dishwashers
The process for resetting a more modern Whirlpool dishwasher is equally as unscientific and easy-to-follow as that diagnostic mode activation.
To complete the reset you simply need to press any three-button sequence on the control panel consecutively three times. This should either send the machine into diagnostic mode or complete the reset.
But how can you make sure you have to complete these annoying resets as rarely as possible?
Recommended Reading: Frigidaire Dishwasher Won T Start
Resetting The Control Board
Sometimes, the control board of your Whirlpool dishwasher needs a reboot to function properly. It can develop problems due to an electrical outage or power surge.
Heres what you do:
- Press the Off button on the dishwasher. Then remove its power cable.
- Wait 5 minutes, and then plug in the cable again. Turn on your dishwasher and select the Pots & Pans or High setting from the control panel.
- Now select any Heat cycle to dry the dishes youre washing. After 1-2 minutes, repeat the cycle selection once again and see if the dishwasher is working properly.
If this doesnt reset your Whirlpool dishwasher, you can try the next method.
How To Keep Your Whirlpool Dishwasher Working Correctly
There are a few simple things you can do to ensure your dishwasher stays running to its optimal level. These include:
- Give your dishwasher a regular cleanpaying special attention to the filter. This is because the filter can get clogged with food debris, and over time this can cause your dishwasher to become defective.
- Ensure that the water in your dishwasher is at the right temperature. You can do this with an external thermostat or simply pause the cycle when the dishwasher fills with water and check that the water is hot. If not, you might have a problem with your water supply that needs to be fixed.
- Finally, its a good idea to install surge protection for your dishwasher so you can avoid problems caused by power surges and outages.
Read Also: Maytag Dishwasher Top Rack Replacement
Recommended Reading: How To Get Rid Of Black Mold In Dishwasher
How To Reset A Whirlpool Dishwasher
Does your Whirlpool dishwasher need to be reset?
Then youre in the right place.
In this guide, we will give you easy-to-follow, step-by-step instructions for how to reset your dishwasher so that you can start using it again.
Before we get into how to reset your dishwasher, lets start by explaining why you need to do it.
Sometimes, the control board which manages all of the dishwasher functions can become faultyespecially if you experience a power surge or outage. When this happens, it can result in your dishwasher not being able to run through a cycle properly, so your dishes come out dirty or the dishwasher doesnt run at all.
The good news is most of the time this can be solved by doing a simple reset. Simply follow our steps below.
This guide covers most major models of Whirlpool dishwashers, including:
Recommended Reading: Replace Kitchenaid Dishwasher Soap Dispenser
How To Keep My Whirlpool Dishwasher From Malfunctioning
Like any electrical appliance in your house, your dishwasher needs care. This includes keeping it clean and following all of the maintenance guidelines provided in its manual.
With your Whirlpool dishwasher, here are the steps you should follow regularly:
- Clean the filter regularly. It accumulates food scraps and can get clogged very easily, causing the dishwasher to malfunction.
- Check the inlet temperature of the water in your dishwasher. Whirlpool recommends that it should be between 50 to 60 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If your dishwasher has a rinse aid, always check its level. It shouldnt decrease too much.
- Install surge protection for your Whirlpool dishwasher. This helps avoid malfunctions caused by electrical outages or power surges.
Also Check: Frigidaire Gallery Dishwasher How To Start
Also Check: How To Clean Jetted Tub With Dishwasher Tablets
If It Still Isnt Working Consider Calling A Pro
Sometimes only an experienced hand can find a problem with a major appliance. If youre still stuck with no way to fix your dishwasher, a check with a professional might help you find that quick fix to the issue without needing a new dishwasher.
Fill in the form below to get a free dishwasher repair quote from one of our partnered professionals.
Dont Miss: Dishwashers On Sale Stainless Steel
Check The Child Safety Lock
Most dishwashers include a child lock feature to prevent kids from opening the appliance or changing the cycle settings. In many cases, the unit will not run while the child lock is engaged. Usually, the lock can be activated and deactivated by pressing and holding a button for three seconds, or something similar. If your dishwasher wont run and the door wont open, check the manufacturers instructions for the child safety lock.
Recommended Reading: Kitchenaid Dishwasher Soap Dispenser Lid Replacement
How Can I Fix My Whirlpool Dishwasher When Its Not Draining
It can be very frustrating to open up your dishwasher after running it and find it didnt drain properly. A few different situations can cause the dishwasher to have an incomplete drain cycle. Lets explore each potential scenario so you can examine your appliance and try to discover the source of the problem.
Resetting My Whirlpool Dishwasher
It will come as no surprise that each Whirlpool dishwasher has its own model number. So, if you know where your installation manual is then its definitely worth checking that out. Your machines manual will have a thorough guide on how to complete a reset.
But, we understand that you probably wouldnt be looking at this article, in the first instance, if you knew where the manual was. So, what else can you do?
Sticking with the model number methodology for now. If you cant find the manual for your machine, but you can see the model number, try searching for it on our good friend Google. A simple search intent of just Whirlpool dishwasher and the model number should bring you to a matching manual.
However, if all of thats no good or you cant find your model number, then all is not lost. Lets take a look at some other standard procedures for resetting your Whirlpool dishwasher.
Recommended Reading: What Is Standard Dishwasher Size
Fixes For A Whirlpool Gold Series Dishwasher Not Cleaning
Whirlpool appliances are great to have for all the applications that you might have in mind. Not only they are aesthetically great, but they are also highly practical and will serve you well with all the intended purposes they are being used for.
The best thing is that you get a wide range of inventory from Whirlpool for all the home appliances that you might need to get the job done for you. The Gold Series Dishwashers are a great addition to the kitchen as they can help you with washing the dishes pretty great.
These are pretty big in size and can handle most types of dishes that you can think of. The dishwashers from Whirlpool Gold Series are also pretty durable so you will not have any major inconveniences while using them either. However, if they are not working for some reason, you will need to fix that up as well. A few things that you can do to fix such problems are listed below.
Test The Selector Switch
Selector switches determine the wash cycle settings for each load. They are normally located on the control panel. Test each button individually. Remove the switch from the panel. With the multimeter set on Rx1, touch the probes to the switch terminals. It should produce a reading of infinity. Then, with the probes still touching the terminals, press the button. This should produce a reading of zero. Replace the selector switch if you get any other readings.
Don’t Miss: Does Lowe’s Install Dishwashers
Test The Door Latch Switch
Remove the inner door panel to access the door latch assembly at the top of the door. Make sure the catch engages the door latch switch when it is inserted into the latch assembly. If all appears to work properly, use a multimeter to test the switches for continuity. With the multimeter set on Rx1, touch the probes to the switch terminals. The reading should be at or near zero. If your reading is different, replace the door latch assembly.
Dishwasher Has No Lights Or Not Responding
If your dishwasher is not responding or has no lights, check for the problem of the thermal fuse. When the thermal fuse is burned out on the control board, the appliance doesn’t respond. If the thermal fuse is burnt, you need to buy a new thermal fuse and install it. To replace, you should unplug the dishwasher from the power outlet and turn off the power supply. Remove the screws and close the door.
Now, you have to remove the cover on the fuse. After that, disconnect the wires with a screwdriver. Next, cut off the terminal block and remove the tape which holds the wire. Place the new thermal fuse and re-tape the wires. Reassemble the fuse on the control board and appliance.
Premium Quality Whirlpool Dishwasher Parts at low Prices Order Now!
Don’t Miss: How To Clean Mold In Dishwasher
Whirlpool Quiet Partner Ii Troubleshooting
Dishwasher is not operating properly
Dishes are not completely clean
- Food soil left on the dishes Is the dishwasher loaded correctly? Refer to the Dishwasher Loading section. Is the water temperature too low? For best dishwashing results, water should be 120°F as it enters the dishwasher. Refer to the Dishwasher Efficiency Tips section. Did you use the correct amount of fresh detergent? Use recommended dishwasher detergents only. Refer to the Detergent Dispenser section. Detergent must be fresh to be effective. Store detergent in a cool, dry area. Heavy soil and/ or hard water generally require extra detergent. Do you have hard water? You may need to increase the amount of detergent you are using. Refer to the Detergent Dispenser section. Also, you may need to switch to a detergent with a phosphorus content of 8.7%. Is detergent caked in dispenser? Use fresh detergent only. Do not allow detergent to sit for several hours in a wet dispenser. Clean dispenser when caked detergent is present. Is the pump or spray arm clogged by labels from bottles and cans? Is the home water pressure high enough for proper dishwasher filling? Home water pressure should be 20 to 120 psi for proper dishwasher fill. If you have questions about your water pressure, call a licensed, qualified plumber. Are high suds slowing the wash arm? Do not use soap or laundry detergents. Use recommended dishwasher detergents only.
Looking For A Whirlpool Dishwasher Repair Manual
Has your whirlpool dishwasher quit?
Are your dishes piling up?
Is your whirlpool dishwasher leaking? Is it noisy?
Is it leaving your dishes all spotty?
Did you know that freeze-dried ice cream was developed by Whirlpool Corporation under contract to NASA for the Apollo missions?
Recommended Reading: Kitchenaid 39 Dba Dishwasher With Third Level Utensil Rack White
Whirlpool Dishwasher Not Washing
Categories Dishwasher, Home and Kitchen, Whirlpool Dishwasher
Whirlpool has been a trusted name in appliances for over 100 years. Whirlpool dishwashers are durable however, they can get clogged from mineral deposits and food particles, need an electronic reset, and parts can wear out over time and need to be replaced.
If Whirlpool dishwasher is not washing, start by checking the appliances power and water supply. Then, confirm that the door is completely closed and latched. Your dishwasher may also display faulty or error codes that can help you identify and troubleshoot the problem.
Below, youll learn how to troubleshoot some common wash cycle errors yourself and gauge when to call a repair technician.
Assess The Drain Hose
If you dont see any signs of a clog, you might have a problem with the drain hose getting kinks in it, which can also limit drainage. Your drain hose should connect the bottom of your dishwasher to the drainpipe under your sink. Give it a careful visual inspection to check for signs of the hose being pinched or kinked. If its damaged, consider a replacement.
Don’t Miss: How To Tell If Dishes Are Dishwasher Safe
If It Still Isnt Working Consider Talking To A Pro
If these tips havent helped dont worry. There may be other quick fixes you can try.
Were fortunate enough to have a lot of readers on our website, but unfortunately I cant answer everyones questions personally. To help, weve teamed up with JustAnswer to connect you to a qualified Appliance expert.
You can connect with an appliance expert below, who will help you solve your specific issue. They do charge a small trial fee, so just remember to cancel the trial once you get your dishwasher working again.
Take Out The Arms And Check If Theyre Clogged
They can clog, for instance, due to hard water.
The repair is popping the spray arms off then soaking in vinegar for a while.
After that, try to use bamboo skewers to clear each clogged hole.
When to replace spray arms
If you think the spray arms are broken, remove your bottom spray arm and run the appliance.
It should hit the tub ceiling, forcefully with water.
Now, if it does that, replace spray arms .
Otherwise, your next suspect will be the wash motor.
Don’t Miss: Best Buy Stainless Steel Dishwasher
How To Replace The High Limit Thermostat In Your Whirlpool Dishwasher