Maytag Dryer Part Malfunction
If all else fails, its possible a part malfunction is prohibiting the dryer from turning on.
The following malfunctions can result in a Maytag dryer not starting:
- Blown thermal fuse: A thermal fuse will blow if the dryer is in danger of overheating or if the fuse is faulty. In either case, your Maytag dryer wont start, just beeps, when you press the Start button. A blown or broken fuse cant be repaired and must be replaced. However, if you notice your dryer not drying clothes sufficiently before the fuse blows, check the vent for blockages that can cause overheating.
- Defective start switch: Once the Start button is pushed, this switch signals the dryer motor to start. If the start switch is defective, the dryer wont make any noise at all when the Start button is pushed. A defective switch requires replacement.
- Failed Drive Motor: If the dryer makes a humming noise but doesnt start, it could indicate a failed drive motor or blocked blower wheel. If the blower wheel has no obstructions, the drive motor requires a professional assessment and/or replacement.
Call Capital City Appliance Service for the best Maytag dryer repair in Columbus! We can resolve almost any laundry appliance issue.
Need Help with Your Broken Appliance?
Dishwasher Wont Start Troubleshoot In 9 Steps
If your dishwasher wont start, save time and money by troubleshooting it before calling a professional. Repairing a dishwasher isnt as difficult as it might seem and can be done even if you arent particularly handy. Use this guide to help you troubleshoot major parts of a dishwasher and determine when professional help is necessary.
Read Also: How Do You Clean The Dishwasher
How To Reset Maytag Dishwasher
For most Maytag brand dishwashers, power will need to be cycled for it to reset.
To reset, you can unplug the dishwasher for about a minute or flip the breaker off then back on .
If you answered in the negative, read on carefully because the fixes we recommend for the next fault often apply to countless start button-related defectsâ¦..
Also Check: Are Calphalon Pans Dishwasher Safe
Maytag Dishwasher Not Running And How To Repair
Maytag dishwashers are one of the worlds biggest-selling dishwashers. They have a reputation for being high-quality, reliable, and easy to operate. Its not uncommon for a Maytag dishwasher owner to have their dishwasher for a long time.
However, sometimes parts in the dishwasher can break down, and they will need to be repaired or replaced. In this guide, you will find a list of some of the most common reasons why your Maytag dishwasher might not be running and how you can fix them.
The following Maytag dishwasher models are covered by this guide:
The Dishwasher Is Not Getting Power
Power issues are one of the most likely issues that can stop the dishwasher from starting.
If your Maytag dishwasher is not receiving a stable power supply, it is the reason behind the issues.
Make a thorough inspection of the dishwasher power cord and power switch. Ensure that dishwasher is properly receiving power from the source to the dishwasher.
Don’t Miss: Whirlpool Dishwasher Top Rack Clips
Check The Maytag Dishwasher Display
If your Maytag dishwasher display is not working, you wont be able to use the timer functions on the control panel. If your Maytag dishwasher display not working is causing a problem, you will need to reset your dishwasher:
Maytag Dishwasher Beeps But Wont Start
When your dishwasher beeps and wont start, you are getting power to it but there is still a problem.
The first thing to do is check the panel and see if there is some type of error message or code. If there is, check with your manual and it should tell you what the problem is.
There may also be some other issues that can cause this problem, including the following:
Power Outage If the power is interrupted in the middle of a cycle or if the door is opened while the dishwasher is running, it will stop running at that point. It may not restart until you disconnect the dishwasher from the power for one minute and reconnect it again.
Power Surge At times, a problem with a power surge may simply interrupt the cycle. You can reset your Maytag by shutting off the power for up to five minutes.
A power surge can also be very damaging and it may have damaged the board or other internal components.
Although you cannot test the board easily, you can pull the control board and look at it, along with the power ribbon under a magnifying glass. If you see any issues, such as cracks or burnt areas in the circuits, it will need to be replaced.
Anti-Flood Device This type of device is available in some Maytag dishwashers. When it detects a problem, it shuts the machine down and alerts you to the issue with an audible noise.
Recommended Reading: My Dishwasher Didn’t Drain
Maytag Dishwasher Starts Then Cancels
One of the most common issues that lead to a Maytag dishwasher starting and then canceling is a bad touch panel. The touch panel can be removed and you can clean it carefully with a pencil eraser.
At times, you may need to replace the touch panel, and it may also be connected to the control panel.
If you have locked the control panel inadvertently, you can hold down the heated dry button for three seconds and then release it. This will typically start the machine operating again.
A power failure or power surge can cause problems with the machine starting and stopping. You may need to replace some of the interior components if they have become damaged, including the control panel.
Copyright protected content owner: ReadyToDIY.com and was initially posted on 2021-09-23.
Maytag Dishwasher Lights Flashing Or Blinking
If the lights on your Maytag dishwasher are flashing or blinking rapidly, it is an indication that the heating element is not working as intended.
The heating element is responsible for warming up the water to an optimum temperature.
Still, if the water doesnt reach the desired temperature in a given time, the light starts flashing.
Another reason can be a technical fault with the control panel that causes the circuitry to go haywire.
- Replace the heating element assembly
- Get the control panel checked by a technician
If you are unsure about any of these tasks or do not want to risk voiding your appliances warranty, contact a qualified plumbing technician to repair your dishwasher.
Don’t Miss: Where Do Dishwasher Pods Go
Check The Child Safety Lock
Most dishwashers include a child lock feature to prevent kids from opening the appliance or changing the cycle settings. In many cases, the unit will not run while the child lock is engaged. Usually, the lock can be activated and deactivated by pressing and holding a button for three seconds, or something similar. If your dishwasher wont run and the door wont open, check the manufacturers instructions for the child safety lock.
Check The Dishwasher Water Supply
A Maytag dishwasher not starting could be due to no or low water supply. Verify that your homes water supply is on. If the water supply is on but you suspect that the dishwasher isnt receiving water, the water inlet valve may be to blame. In this case, please contact a Maytag dishwasher technician for assistance. Testing the water inlet valve should be left to a professional so you dont end up with a dishwasher leaking or a flooded home.
Also Check: Rent To Own Portable Dishwasher
Need To Change Dishwasher Cycle Settings
Most Maytag dishwashers wont start unless you first select a wash cycle. Make sure you select your desired function before pressing START/RESUME on the control panel. Certain functions can prevent an immediate start when enabled. Usually, these functions will illuminate on the control panel via a light or icon.
The following Maytag dishwasher functions can prevent a dishwasher from starting:
- Control Lock: Prevents unintended use of the dishwasher. Consult your user manual to determine how to turn off this function on your model dishwasher. Usually, Control Lock is disabled by holding down the appropriate button for 3 seconds.
- Sleep Mode: When newly installed or after a long period of disuse, the dishwasher may be in Sleep Mode and not respond when a button is pushed. To disable Sleep Mode, press START/RESUME or open and close the door.
- Delayed Start: Delays the start of a wash cycle to a preset later time. To disable the Delayed Start function, press CANCEL/DRAIN followed by START/RESUME.
If these functions arent engaged and the dishwasher doesnt respond when a button is pushed, the control panel may be wet or damaged. While a wet control panel may resume function when dry, a damaged panel requires replacement.
Editor’s Pick: Best Home Warranty For Dishwashers
- Both the Basic Plan and Total Plan offer coverage for dishwashers.
- All dishwasher parts and components are included with a short list of exceptions.
- Enjoy coverage for many other home appliances and systems, including heating systems, electric systems, water heaters, and stoves/ovens.
- Get your first month free when you sign up for a single payment annual home warranty plan.
You May Like: How To Sanitize Bosch Dishwasher
Maytag Dishwasher Not Cleaning Properly
If your Maytag dishwasher isnt cleaning your dishes, the spray arm could be clogged, the soap dispenser could be broken, youre using low-quality detergent, or the inlet valve could be defective or damaged.
Before you call your local technician, go through the steps outlined below.
- Check the spray arm to ensure it has not been obstructed by a plate or utensil. Gently spin it around to see if its free of any impediments. Check that the small holes that spray water are not clogged with grease and grime. If so, take it out and gently clean it with detergent.
- Are you using the cheapest detergent tablets from the supermarket? Spotty dishes can be caused by using low-quality or ineffective detergent. Too much detergent can also cause issues. Use the proper type of detergent and the appropriate amount. A final rinse agent should also help with results. Consider installing a water softener if you have hard water to reduce mineral deposit damage. Finally, make certain that the dishwasher is properly loaded.
- Check to see if the detergent is being released by the soap dispenser. Sometimes the dispenser gets stuck releasing the detergent at the correct cycle time, which is usually caused by grease and grime. If this is the case, clean the soap dispenser gently with warm water to remove the grease and grime.
Check To Ensure The Dishwasher Door Is Latched Properly
Most Maytag dishwashers have an electronic control system that includes the dishwasher door latch. If the door is open or not perfectly latched, it can cause an error to go off, preventing your unit from starting up.
For newer models, check the door latch light on the display panel. If its red or flashing, your door is open, preventing the unit from starting up.
What To Do If The Problem Persists
If the above-discussed solution didnt help you fix the problem in your dishwasher. You should contact your supplier or appliance technicians.
They have proper knowledge about dishwashers and tools through which they can help you fix the problem with your dishwasher.
Similarly, if you have warranty support, you can repair your dishwasher free of cost.
You dont need to pay money to replace and repair dishwasher parts. To know more about warranty support, check your warranty card when buying a dishwasher.
May Required in Future:-
Maintenance And Professional Help
The secret to a long-lasting dishwasher is good maintenance. Regularly inspect the dishwasher for clogs, kinks, or other faults. Periodically check for any electrical damages to the dishwasher also.
Also, take extra precautions while performing any troubleshooting guide. Be sure to disconnect the power source and carry out any dishwasher inspection.
Also, its okay to ask for the help of an experienced technician at any point in which you get stuck trying to figure out what might be wrong with your dishwasher.
You may also refer to your user manual for more model-specific maintenance tips.
You May Like: Water From Dishwasher Coming Up In Sink
Dishwasher Wont Start: 10 Possible Causes
There are really just ten possible causes when a dishwasher wont start. Dishwashers are simple to operate, but have lots of small parts inside.
When a dishwasher wont run, the problem can be mechanical or electrical. With our guide, you dont have to be an appliance repair expert to determine which problem is the culprit.
Even if the fix is more complex than you can manage, being able to point your appliance repair tech in the right direction will save you time and money.
Please note that this guide is for information purposes only. For safety, always consult a professional if you have a problem with an electrical appliance.
Keep reading to discover the ten possible causes when your dishwasher wont start. If you dont want to mess with a DIY fix, use our form to get a free quote from a local appliance repair company.
How Do You Reset The Blinking Light On A Ge Dishwasher
To reset the blinking light on your GE dishwasher, follow these steps: 1 Press and hold the power button until the display goes blank. 2 Press and hold the reset button for 3 seconds. 3 Release the reset button. 4 Press and hold the Power button until the display blinks twice. 5 Release the Power button. 6 Press and hold the Reset button for 3 seconds. 7 Release the Reset button. 8 Press and hold the Start/Reset button for 3 seconds. 9 Release the Start/Reset buttons. 10 Press and hold the start/stop button for 3 seconds. 11 Release the start/stop button. 12 Press and hold the clean/dry button for 3 seconds. 13 Release the clean/dry button. 14 Press and hold the rinse/wash button for 3 seconds. 15 Release the rinse/wash button. 16 Press and hold the drain/fill button for 3 seconds. 17 Release the drain/fill button. 18 Press and hold the door open button for 3
Recommended Reading: Liquid Dish Soap In Dishwasher
Pay Attention To The Ribbon Cable
The point of failure might specifically be the ribbon cable maybe it has loosened or it is corroded .
With that in mind, try these steps:
This might make the start button start working again as well.
If it did not, try these remedies:
- Clean corrosion- Pull the ribbon cable out of the slot once again and scrape off any rust on the ribbon connectors. Rust could be interfering with connectivity and ultimately making it difficult for the button to be detected when pressed.
- Check the ribbon cable for loose connectivity- Remove and re-insert the ribbon cable securely. This could resolve a possible loose connection .
In both instances, you should wait a few moments then retry steps 4 and 5 above.
If still it does not work, you can assume it is the control panel that is troubled so it is time toâ¦â¦â¦â¦â¦.
Test The Touchpad And Control Panel
Another common problem people have with Maytag dishwashers is when the touchpad stops working correctly.
To test it out, you need to:
Also Check: What Is The Quietest Dishwasher Decibel
Schedule A Service Technician To Repair The Dishwasher
If the dishwasher still doesnt power up, then a blown fuse, defective user interface control, a failed electronic control board or a broken wire could be preventing the dishwasher from getting power. Have a Sears service technician examine and repair the dishwasher.
Youll likely see the technician perform the initial troubleshooting steps described above. Additional diagnosis requires live voltage checks, which only should be performed by a service technician with the proper training.
Schedule a repair
Inspect The Door Latch
When the door latch is not engaged, a switch prevents the dishwasher from starting. Listen for the sound of the latch clicking into place when you close the door. With the door closed, pull on the door to see if it is closed securely. Visually inspect both sides of the latch for anything that may be preventing it from engaging properly, and for broken parts. If the latch is broken, the switch may be also.
Recommended Reading: How To Use Bosch Dishwasher
How Do Eliminate Error Codes In The Dishwasher
Error code indicates a problem or issues inside the dishwasher. Whenever your dishwasher displays error codes, there must be some problem lying inside your dishwasher. Check the dishwasher owner manual there you will find information about error codes and solutions to eliminate from your dishwasher. You can also check the manufacturers official website to know more about the error code.