Where Is The Reset Button On My Maytag Dishwasher
Maytag washers are built to last. However, if you notice any problems with your washing machine, such as loud noises, excessive vibrations, or leaking water, it is important to contact a professional service technician immediately. A Maytag repairman will be able to diagnose the problem and provide you with a solution.
Unplug The Dishwasher And Plug It In Again
The first thing to do is to start with the easiest solution. Start by unplugging your dishwasher. Then, take a look at the circuit breaker and make sure the switch is in the right position. After this time and plug the dishwasher in again. Give the dishwasher a few minutes to boot up and start working. You also need to make sure the water supply is connected to the dishwasher. After this, play with the dishwasher and see if it is working. Unplugging the dishwashers is a great way to flush any stuck commands out of its system.
Check The Power Supply
If the dishwasher wont do anything at all, the problem could be the power supply. Check the circuit breaker. If it has tripped, flip the switch to the off position and then turn it back on. If the circuit has not tripped, check to ensure that the appliance is properly plugged into its wall outlet. This may require you to pull the appliance out from beneath the counter. Before attempting to move the unit, disconnect the under-counter retainer clips that hold it in place.
Read Also: Replace Drain Pump Bosch Dishwasher
Maytag Dishwasher Wont Start
If your Maytag dishwasher does not start when you turn it on, there could be a problem with the power supply or the door latch.
The switch indicates to the control board whether the door is fully closed or not so the dishwasher can start.
If the switch is faulty, the control board will not receive the signal, and the machine will not turn on.
Another possible issue can be a blown thermal fuse.
However, before you call your local technician, try the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Check Power Supply
- Ensure the power cable is plugged in properly and the socket works.
- Check if the circuit breaker has been tripped due to a power surge and flip it back on.
- Most dishwashers have a child lock feature that prevents children from opening the appliance or changing the cycle settings.
- In many cases, the unit will not operate if the child lock is activated.
- The lock is usually activated and deactivated by pressing and holding a button for three seconds, or something similar.
- Check the manufacturers instructions for the child safety lock if your dishwasher wont start or the door wont open.
- The door latch switch is the next thing to inspect. This is what tells the dishwasher that the door is securely closed and that it is safe to begin the water cycle.
- The latch secures the door, and the latch switch detects when the door is closed.
There are several possibilities here.
- The latch will not click shut if it is jammed or clogged with old gunk.
Ensure The Correct Dishwasher Cycle Settings Are Selected
Your Maytag dishwasher wont start unless you select the correct wash cycle first. Select the proper function and press the START/RESUME button on the control panel. If it still doesnt work, check that you havent selected one of the three functions that will prevent the dishwasher from starting:
- Control Lock: If the control lock is engaged, it wont start. Make sure the red switch on the left side of the control panel is not engaged. Ensure the Maytag dishwasher child lock is also not engaged.
- Drying Cycle: The drying cycle is only available if you selected a heating option with your wash cycle . If this function is selected and pressed, it will prevent the dishwasher from starting. Make sure the green switch on the left side of the control panel is not engaged.
- Sleep Mode: If this function is accidentally engaged, the dishwasher wont start. Make sure the blue switch on the left side of the control panel is not engaged.
- Delayed Start: This function allows you to set the dishwasher for a delayed start. This can be set up to 24 hours in advance. If you have selected this function, it will be why your Maytag dishwasher is not starting. Make sure the gray switch on the left side of the control panel is not engaged.
You May Like: Samsung Dishwasher Leak Sensor Reset
Why Is My Dishwasher Start Button Not Working
To diagnose a problem with your Maytag dishwasher, follow these steps: 1 Turn off the power switch 2 Remove the door panel 3 Unplug the unit 4 Disconnect the drain hose 5 Check the drain pump 6 Check the filter 7 Check the heating element 8 Check the washer motor 9 Check the detergent dispenser 10 Check the soap dispenser 11 Check the rinse aid dispenser 12 Check the air vent 13 Check the drain pump 14 Check the drain hose 15 Check the filter 16 Check the heating element 17 Check the washer motors 18 Check the detergent 19 Check the soap 20 Check the rinse aid 21 Check the air vent 22 Check the drain pump 23 Check the drain hose 24 Check the filter 25 Check the heating element 26 Check the washer 27 Check the detergent 28 Check the soap 29 Check the rinse aid 30 Check the air vent 31 Check
Test The Motor Start Relay
The motor start relay signals the dishwasher motor to start. Locate it near the pump, behind the lower access panel of the dishwasher. Remove the relay and refer to the wiring diagram. With the multimeter set on Rx1, test the coil for continuity. It should produce a reading of zero.
Then, manually activate the relay by turning it upside down, and allowing the plunger to drop. Touch the probes to the relay terminals. Expect a reading of zero. If your readings differ, replace the motor start relay.
Compare Quotes From Top-rated Local Plumbers
Free, No-commitment Estimates
Also Check: Dishwasher Safe Pots And Pan Set
Defective Maytag Dishwasher Parts
If your Maytag dishwasher wont start after trying these tips, its possible a defective part is responsible.
These part malfunctions can result in starting problems and require replacement via a dishwasher repair service:
- Blown thermal fuse: A thermal fuse will blow if its defective or if the dishwasher is close to overheating. In either case the dishwasher wont start until the fuse is replaced.
- Faulty control board: This computerized component powers most dishwasher functions. If its faulty, there wont be any voltage to transmit commands or signals.
- Defective timer: The timer governs each dishwasher cycle by regulating how long each receives power. While rare, a defective timer wont provide the necessary power for each function.
The team at Appliance King of America can answer any appliance question from dishwasher maintenance tips to repair concerns. Schedule your consultation with us today!
Has A Delay Wash Option Been Selected
A delay wash option runs the dishwasher at a later time or during off-peak electrical hours. If the delay wash has been selected, the dishwasher will not run until the delay time is reached.
To Turn Off the Delay Wash Feature:
You May Like: Why Won’t My Frigidaire Dishwasher Drain
Inspect The Door Latch
When the door latch is not engaged, a switch prevents the dishwasher from starting. Listen for the sound of the latch clicking into place when you close the door. With the door closed, pull on the door to see if it is closed securely. Visually inspect both sides of the latch for anything that may be preventing it from engaging properly, and for broken parts. If the latch is broken, the switch may be also.
Door Not Fully Closed And Latched
As a safety precaution, a Maytag dishwasher wont start if the door isnt completely closed and latched. Oftentimes, a protruding dishwasher rack will prevent the door from closing. Make sure racks are properly inserted and that loaded items allow them to retract completely. When closing the door, be sure to give it a firm push to fully engage the latch.
If the dishwasher door still wont close properly, its possible the latch is broken and cant keep the door securely closed. When this happens, the dishwasher wont start until the latch is replaced.
Check To Ensure The Dishwasher Door Is Latched Properly
Most Maytag dishwashers have an electronic control system that includes the dishwasher door latch. If the door is open or not perfectly latched, it can cause an error to go off, preventing your unit from starting up.
For newer models, check the door latch light on the display panel. If its red or flashing, your door is open, preventing the unit from starting up.
Dishwasher Door Is Ajar
If, by accident, you happen to leave your dishwasher door slightly ajar, the dishwasher wont run. This is thanks to the door switch we mentioned earlier which prevents the dishwasher from running with the door open.
To fix this, all you need to do is make sure your door is shut properly.
- If it refuses to shut, inspect the door latch to see if its broken.
- If youve accidentally installed your lower dishwasher rack in backwards , this can also prevent your dishwasher door from closing properly.
Recommended Reading: Dishwasher With Top Cutlery Tray
Clean The Trap And Filter System
You should also make sure that you clean the trap and filter system. This can lead to issues with dishwasher buttons as well. If the buttons are flashing, this is a sign that the trap is totally full.
The first thing you need to do is remove the bottom rack of the dishwasher. Usually, theres a cap you need to turn counter-clockwise to lift the assembly out of the dishwasher. Then, dislodge the debris that is present before putting the system back in the dishwasher. This may be enough to get the buttons working again.
There May Be A Problem With The Touchpad
Verify that the display is operational. On most models, this needs holding down a key for about five seconds.
Some displays stay lit as long as the power is on, some light and turn off even with the unit engaged.
Now, try pressing each button to see if theyre working as expected. If you notice that the start button isnt starting the next time you try to start the machine, then its highly likely the touchpad has a problem.
The best thing to do in this case would be to replace the control panel. And one of the best options available for the GE dishwashers is Ge WD34X22262 Genuine OEM Dishwasher Control Panel.
I do recommend replacing the entire control panel instead of just the touchpad because its easier to do so. And you arent going to spend more than $150 on the replacement, so it should be relatively affordable.
Recommended Reading: Bosch Dishwasher Doesn’t Dry
Dishwasher Control Panel Problems Other Reasons
If your dishwashers control panel isnt working normally, the cause isnt always a defective part. Sometimes, one of the dishwashers own features can interfere with your ability to use your dishwasher as you typically would.
In this section, well go over some of the reasons other than faulty components why your dishwashers control panel might not be working right.
Maytag Dishwasher Start Button Keeps Flashing
If your start button is flashing then you can take a breath because it is a simple fix.
The most common cause of a flashing start button is that the power to the dishwasher has been disrupted. This can be caused by a power cut or the door being opened mid-cycle. You can clear flashing lights and get on with your cycle by cutting their power completely by unplugging your dishwasher and waiting a few minutes or by restarting the cycle.
Another less common cause to be aware of is the feature that occurs when the dishwasher door is not closed within three seconds of the start button being pressed. If this happens, then the start button will begin to flash, and you just have to follow the steps above.
If that was not the issue, then move on to checking the doors.
Also Check: How To Drain Standing Water In Dishwasher
Maytag Dishwasher Start Button Not Working
As an Amazon affiliate, we earn a commision from qualifying purchases.
If your Maytag dishwasher has quit Working at all , there are several DIY fixes you can try to resolve the frustrating problem.
At any rate, you and I know that an appliance repair shop may charge an arm and a leg for what may turn out to be a fault you could have easily fixed yourself.
Below are the repairs you can try if your Maytag dishwasher start button wont work.
Maytag Dishwasher Buttons Not Working
Modern dishwashers are pretty smart and user-friendly. So using the dishwasher is not a big deal. But sometimes, people face different technical problems while using the dishwasher.
For example, issues in the buttons or control panel can disturb the regular working of the dishwasher.
Maytag dishwasher is an excellent dishwasher with effective functions. So you might be confused about why your Maytag dishwasher buttons are not working. You must know the reasons if you want to solve the problem.
Moreover, you must learn about the control panels functions and solve problems to know details about the buttons.
You May Like: Ge Dishwasher Won T Start Just Beeps
Running An Empty Cycle:
You can test the Maytag dishwashers touchpad by running an empty cycle. You have to check the electrical connections. Then you can start the dishwasher by touching the start button. Eventually, you can try other buttons like the cycle, cancel, etc.
If the buttons are working well, the touchpad is okay.
Problem With Dishwasher Water Supply
If there is adequate power, a Maytag dishwasher not starting may have a water supply issue.
Here are water supply issues that can keep a dishwasher from starting:
- Improper connection: Make sure the dishwashers water supply hose is properly connected to your homes hot water pipe and that the supply valve is on.
- Water supply hose is bent or pinched: Try to gently straighten or reposition the hose to allow water to flow, making sure that the dishwasher isnt pinching the hose when its pushed back in place. A damaged hose must be replaced.
- Faulty water inlet valve: If the dishwashers water inlet valve is faulty, it may not open to allow water to enter the dishwasher. A faulty valve requires replacement.
Read Also: How Much Water Dishwasher Use
Dishwasher Is Not Getting Power
Before considering a malfunction, Maytag dishwasher troubleshooting should begin with a power assessment. If the dishwasher isnt getting adequate power, it wont be able to turn on.
These power issues can prevent a dishwasher from starting:
- Using an extension cord: An extension cord cant safely conduct the voltage a dishwasher requires. Make sure the dishwasher is properly plugged into a working outlet with a standard cord.
- Power switch is off: The switch that turns on the dishwashers electrical power may be mistakenly turned off. Locate the switch and make sure its in the on position.
- Tripped breaker or blown fuse: Check your homes circuit breaker or fuse box, replacing blown fuses or resetting tripped breakers.
In some instances, resetting the dishwasher can resolve a power issue. Wondering how to reset a Maytag dishwasher? Simply unplug it, wait one minute, and plug it back in. If the dishwasher is hardwired to your homes power supply, turn off its breaker in your circuit breaker box. Wait one minute before turning it on again.
What Do The Reviews Say
We purchased the Maytag several years ago when we upgraded our kitchen. In terms of price, it was very reasonable. In terms of product performance, we have been delighted with the product.
We would highly recommend buying Maytag and again ourselves in the future.
For an appliance that is over eight years old, it works beautifully. It cleans my dishes well and doesnt leave residue on them.
I ran it through a cleaning cycle recently, which has only improved its performance.
I recommend dishwashers by Maytag because they last and perform well.
Its really quiet, and it cleans the dishes, pots, and glasses on just one cycle and Ive had it loaded more than one time.
I do use rinse aid and I do occasionally use dishwasher cleaner. I wouldnt own angry other than a Maytag dishwasher.
They last forever. The commercial about calling a Maytag serviceman is true! Ive never had to call for service!
Well worth the money!
Recommended Reading: Best Buy Dishwashers In Stock
Are Maytag Dishwashers Any Good
Yes, Maytag dishwashers are very good, they are one of the highest-rated appliances in the current market. Their ascension to popularity is well-earned, where now they provide medium-priced reliable devices that do the job well.
You wont be getting the highest-end technology like in Samsung or Maytag, but youll be investing in a compact yet durable appliance.
Of course, Maytags credibility results from years of refinement and innovation that they brought into the appliance market.
It is safe to say that they are now well-rehearsed to make dishwashers that make your everyday life much easier.
Your Ge Dishwasher Isnt Getting Power
Heres the deal:
The start button of your GE dishwasher is probably not working because theres a power issue in your home. So I suggest you check the power source first to be sure its working properly.
Ensure that you connect the dishwasher to a working electrical outlet and verify that the power switch is ON.
Check for tripped breakers or blown fuses in your homes circuit breaker or fuse box. Replace any blown fuses or reposition any tripped breakers.
Recommended Reading: Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs