How Do You Unlock The Control Panel On A Maytag Dishwasher
If you have a Maytag dishwasher, there is a control panel on the front that may be difficult to unlock. There are usually three buttons close to the top of the panel. The first button is usually labeled Sani-Flush. If this button is pressed, it will cycle through the sanitary flushing modes. The second button is usually labeled Auto Wash.
If this button is pushed, the dishwasher will run continuously until it is stopped by someone pressing the Off button. The third button is usually labeled Dishwash. If this button is pressed, the dishwasher will start cleaning dishes.
Maytag Dishwasher Making Noise
Strange noises coming from the dishwasher are not uncommon. They are usually nothing to be concerned about, and the noise problem is often easily resolved.
If your Maytag dishwasher is making too much noise, you may be dealing with a blocked spray arm, food, or broken items moving around in the dishwasher.
Follow the steps below before calling a technician and handwashing your dishes.
- A buzzing noise is usually nothing to be concerned about. When your dishwasher pushes water down the drain, you can hear it buzz. Check your pump impeller for blockage or damage if the sound is very loud.
- If your dishwasher is making grinding noises, it is likely that a foreign object has become lodged inside the pump. It could be hard food or something that was being cleaned and broken during the wash cycle. To see if this is the case, remove the dishwashers lower rack, then the spray arms, and finally the filter unit for inspection.
- Check that the dishwasher is properly loaded. If the spray arm is hitting the utensils , the dishwasher has been incorrectly loaded. To fix this, arrange the utensils so that the spray arms can fully rotate without being obstructed.
If the noise persists, it is best to contact a technician.
Maytag Dishwasher Not Draining
Is your dishwasher completely empty, or is there always an inch of water in the bottom?
Maytag dishwasher not draining is likely to be caused by a clogged-up filter, blocked hose, or faulty pump.
Before you call a repair service, try these three simple fixes if your dishwasher wont drain.
- If filters are not cleaned regularly, they can become clogged. Locate and uninstall your filters. These are located at the bottom of the dishwasher, directly beneath the lower spray arm. To begin, twist the cylindrical filter to remove it from the dishwasher. Remove any gunk from the filters by gently cleaning them.
Blocked Drain Hose
- If cleaning your filters hasnt resolved the issue, a clogged drain hose is the next possible cause of your dishwasher not draining. The drain hose is an essential component of any dishwasher because it transports dirty water away from the unit. It is usually connected to the same drain as the kitchen sink.
- The drain hose could be clogged with grime and food debris or kinked, which is unlikely. To clean it, remove the drain hose from the dishwasher and the sink drain.
- The problem could also be coming from your kitchen sink. You can easily unclog a sink drain if you have a plunger or a drain snake. Our drain service is available if you require additional assistance.
Blocked or Faulty Drain Pump
Dishwasher Door Is Ajar
If, by accident, you happen to leave your dishwasher door slightly ajar, the dishwasher wont run. This is thanks to the door switch we mentioned earlier which prevents the dishwasher from running with the door open.
To fix this, all you need to do is make sure your door is shut properly.
- If it refuses to shut, inspect the door latch to see if its broken.
- If youve accidentally installed your lower dishwasher rack in backwards , this can also prevent your dishwasher door from closing properly.
How Do I Reset My Whirlpool Dishwasher Diagnostic Mode
If you are having problems with your Whirlpool dishwasher and dont know how to reset the diagnostic mode, this article can help. While in diagnostic mode, the dishwasher will run through a series of tests to determine what is wrong. If one of these tests fails, the dishwasher will enter a repair mode. To reset the diagnostic mode, first make sure that power is off to the dishwasher.
Next, remove the cover on the front of the machine by pressing down on both sides and pulling it towards you. Then disconnect all of the wires from within the dishwasher. Finally, reattach all of the wires in reverse order and replace the cover on top of the machine.
Also Check: Home Depot Dishwashers On Sale
How To Reset The Dishwasher:
Much like a computer, resetting the dishwasher control can sometimes solve the issues you are experiencing. To reset the dishwasher control panel, it needs to be disconnected from the power source for one minute. If your dishwasher is plugged into an outlet, simply unplug the unit for one minute and then plug the unit back in. If the dishwasher is hard wired to the power supply, turn the breaker off at the home electrical panel that powers the dishwasher for one minute and then turn the breaker back on.
Faulty Door Latch/door Switch
The door of your dishwasher contains a door latch, as you might expect, but also a door switch. The latch obviously keeps the door closed when the dishwasher is in operation, and the door switch ensures that the dishwasher cannot be started if the door is open.
If either the door latch or the door switch breaks for whatever reason, you wont be able to run the dishwasher at all, much less use the control panel.
Testing the door latch is easy just take note of whether or not the dishwasher door is able to close properly. If it isnt, you probably have a bad door latch.
Testing the door switch is a little more complicated.
- Youll need to open up your dishwashers control panel, find the switch, and test it with a multimeter for continuity.
- If the switch has no continuity, its gone bad and will have to be replaced.
You May Like: How To Install New Dishwasher
Maytag Dishwasher Not Starting Or Not Operating
There are several reasons why your Maytag dishwasher not starting or not operating:
- control lock is on
- dishwasher is in sleep mode
- delayed wash option is selected
- door is not completely closed and latched
- water supply is not turned on
- the power needs to be cycled to reset the dishwasher
Is the control lock “on” or is the dishwasher in sleep mode?
The control lock is used to avoid unintended use of the dishwasher as well as to avoid unintended cycle or option changes during a cycle, some model have a sleep mode function. The control lock light will stay on for a short time, indicating that it is activated and all buttons are disabled. If any buttons are pressed while the dishwasher control is locked, the light will flash three times. The door can still be opened/closed while the controls are locked.
NOTE: You may need to disable Sleep Mode by pressing either START/RESUME or CANCEL, or by opening and closing the door before you are able to turn the control lock off.
To turn off the control lock feature:
for more information on the Control Lock
How Do I Reset My Maytag Jetclean Dishwasher
If your dishwasher doesnt seem to be cleaning dishes as well as it used to, there may be a simple solution. Resetting the dishwasher can often fix common problems and get it back in working order. Here are the steps to resetting your Maytag Jetclean dishwasher:
1. Open the dishwasher door and locate the troubleshooting button on the front of the machine. This is usually a red or green button with a white triangle next to it. Push this button and wait for the dishwasher to restart.
2. If you dont see any lights turn on when you push the troubleshooting button, check to make sure that all of your electrical cables are plugged into outlet and into the dishwasher itself.
Don’t Miss: Samsung Dishwasher Is Not Draining
To Reset The Dishwasher Control Panel:
If your dishwasher is plugged into an outlet, simply unplug the unit for one minute and then plug the unit back in. If the dishwasher is hard wired to the power supply, turn the breaker off at the home electrical panel that powers the dishwasher for one minute and then turn the breaker back on.
NOTE: If you dishwasher appears to have no power, no lights, etc. please verify that the Control Lock has not been activated. If the Control Lock is set, your control will not operate at all, and a red “Padlock” may be illuminated. Check the Owner’s Manual for your model dishwasher to learn how to de-activate the Control Lock.
for more information about the Control Lock on most dishwashers
If you would like to download or view product literature for your appliance, please visit our Manuals and Literature page.
Why Is My Dishwasher Stuck On Control Lock
If your dishwasher is stuck on control lock, there are a few things you can do to try and fix the issue. First, make sure all of the dishes in the dishwasher are clean. If they are not, then the dishwasher may not be able to get rid of all of the food particles. Next, try unplugging and plugging back in the dishwasher. Sometimes this will reset the dishwasher and it will work properly again. Finally, if none of these solutions work, you may need to call a technician to come and fix your dishwasher.
Read Also: Dishwasher Vs Hand Washing Water Usage
Maytag Dishwasher Recall: What To Do If Yours Is On The List
Some 1.7 million appliances are included in the Maytag dishwasher recall, which was initiated because of a fire hazard.
Customers who own the affected models, sold under the Maytag, Amana, Jenn-Air, Admiral, Magic Chef, Performa by Maytag, and Crosley brands, should stop using them immediately and either unplug them or shut off the circuit breaker controlling them, the Consumer Protection Safety Commission said in a statement.
All the dishwashers have plastic tubs and were sold nationwide at department, appliance, and home improvement stores, including Sears, Best Buy, Lowe’s Home Improvement, Home Depot, hhgregg, and other certified Maytag dealers. They were sold from February 2006 through April 2010 for between $250 and $900.
Here’s how to find if your dishwasher is on the list:
The models were sold with black, bisque, white, silver, or stainless steel front panels. Look for the dishwashers brand name printed on the front panel.
If it’s one of the brands mentioned above, find the serial number, which is located inside the plastic tub on a tag near the left side of the door opening.
Or they will have serial numbers ending with one of these sequences: JC, JE, JG, JJ, JL, JN, JP, JR, JT, JV, JX, LA, LC, LE, LG, LJ, LL, LN, LP, LR, LT, LV, LX, NA, NC, NE, NG, NJ, NL, NN, NP, NR.
Maytag Dishwasher Not Cleaning Properly
If your Maytag dishwasher isnt cleaning your dishes, the spray arm could be clogged, the soap dispenser could be broken, youre using low-quality detergent, or the inlet valve could be defective or damaged.
Before you call your local technician, go through the steps outlined below.
- Check the spray arm to ensure it has not been obstructed by a plate or utensil. Gently spin it around to see if its free of any impediments. Check that the small holes that spray water are not clogged with grease and grime. If so, take it out and gently clean it with detergent.
- Are you using the cheapest detergent tablets from the supermarket? Spotty dishes can be caused by using low-quality or ineffective detergent. Too much detergent can also cause issues. Use the proper type of detergent and the appropriate amount. A final rinse agent should also help with results. Consider installing a water softener if you have hard water to reduce mineral deposit damage. Finally, make certain that the dishwasher is properly loaded.
- Check to see if the detergent is being released by the soap dispenser. Sometimes the dispenser gets stuck releasing the detergent at the correct cycle time, which is usually caused by grease and grime. If this is the case, clean the soap dispenser gently with warm water to remove the grease and grime.
Also Check: Black And Decker Portable Dishwasher
Maytag Samsung Washing Machines Recalled
Fire Hazard in Front-Loading Machines
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has announced a recall of about 270,000 Maytag and Samsung front-loading washing machines because of a fire hazard.
Water leakage onto the electrical connections to the washing machine’s thermal sensor could cause an electrical short and ignite a circuit board, the agency said.
Maytag has received five reports of incidents involving ignition in the circuit board. Samsung has received one report of an incident involving ignition in the circuit board. No injuries, fires or property damage outside the washing machine have been reported.
The recall involves certain Maytag and Samsung brand front-load washers. The Maytag washers have model numbers beginning with MAH9700 or MAH8700. The Samsung model number WF306BHW or a model number beginning with WF316. Not all serial numbers are subject to the recall. The model and serial numbers are located on a tag at the bottom of the door opening. Maytag models with a serial number ending in the last two letters identified below are subject to the recall:
Sample Maytag Serial Number: 10123456GN
Samsung models with the six-digit number 100001 through 799999 prior to a letter at the end of the serial number are subject to the recall:
Sample Samsung Serial Number: 230854AL300026B
The machines were sold by major department and appliance stores nationwide from April 2005 through August 2006 for between $1,000 and $1,200.
How Long Should A Maytag Dishwasher Last
Maytag is one of the premium brands which offers great longevity in their products, and their dishwashers are no exception. An average Maytag dishwasher can last up to 10 years, putting them together with brands such as Whirlpool and KitchenAid.
Of course, proper maintenance and service of your dishwasher play an enormous role in defining its lifespan.
Hence, we suggest that you clean it regularly and replace the malfunctioning parts as soon as you identify them.
Also Check: Whirlpool Quiet Partner I Dishwasher
Maytag Dishwasher No Power To Control Panel Fix
If your dishwasher doesnât light up or is not getting power
- Check where it plugs into the wall and ensure it is plugged in.
- If it is plugged in, check to ensure it has not tripped.
- Try to resetting the control panel of your dishwasher.
- If this doesnât work, you could be dealing with a faulty control panel. Try checking the wiring and if they check out, replace the control board.
Maytag Dishwasher Buttons Not Working
If the buttons on your Maytag dishwasher are not working, the display may be defective or power supply issue.
If some of the buttons are working and others arent the keypad may also be the culprit of your troubles.
Additionally, there is also a chance the entire control board has suffered internal damage and needs replacement.
- First, ensure that your washing machine is receiving an uninterrupted power supply by ensuring that the power cable is properly plugged in and the socket works.
- Check that child lock is not enabled and there is no food impeding the buttons.
- Replace the faulty display, touchpad, or keypad.
You May Like: Bosch Dishwasher Comparison Chart 2021
Maytag Dishwasher Stuck On Auto Clean Fix
If you have this problem, it could be that you touched the keypad/display inadvertently, DELAY Wash Cycle has been turned ON, the keypad or display panel has a stuck button or unresponsive buttons, or the main control board needs a reset or its faulty.
To fix this:
- Ensure the dishwasher controls arenât touched inadvertently.
- Make sure you are not pressing certain buttons inadvertently when the wash cycle has ended and you open the dishwasher.
- Check if you are mistakenly setting the dishwasher on a DELAY MODE wash cycle.
- Check for any stuck keys on the dishwasher control panel.
- Ensure all the buttons and keys on the display panel are responsive and working.
- Attempt a main control board reset by shutting off the dishwasher for 15 minutes.
- If all the above checks out, your main control board or keypad/panel may be faulty.
For more information on your Maytag dishwasher, refer to the instructions manual or get in touch with the manufacturer.
Maytag Dishwasher Circuit Board
I can’t find the model number on my Maytag dishwasher, and I need. 16 Images about I can’t find the model number on my Maytag dishwasher, and I need : Maytag Dishwasher Control Panel Recall / Dishwasher Safety Whirlpool, Whirlpool-Maytag Washing Machine and Dishwasher Recalls and also MAYTAG Dishwasher Parts | Model MDBD850AWW | Sears PartsDirect.
Also Check: Water Not Getting To Dishwasher
Whirlpool Recalls Glass Cooktops With Touch Control
The cooktop surface elements can turn on by themselves,
Whirlpool Corporation of Benton Harbor, Mich., is recalling about 29,000 Whirlpool, KitchenAid and JennAir brand glass cooktops with touch controls sold in the U.S., Canada and Mexico
The cooktop surface elements can turn on by themselves, posing burn and fire hazards.
The firm has received 133 reports of incidents involving the cooktop surface elements turning on by themselves.
This resulted in 14 reports, including 13 in the U.S., and one in Canada, of heat damage to nearby items and four reports of items catching fire, including one report of property damage.
Two minor burn injuries have been reported.
This recall involves cooktops with a glass cooking surface, touch controls, radiant and downdraft radiant models sold under the Whirlpool, KitchenAid and JennAir brands with the following model numbers:
Radiant Model Numbers Begin With:
Downdraft Radiant Model Numbers Begin With:
They were manufactured from December 2016 through July 2019. The brand name is printed on the cooktop and the model number and serial numbers are printed on the underside of the cooktop.
The model numbers beginning with K are KitchenAid models, the model numbers beginning with W are Whirlpool models, and the model numbers beginning with J are JennAir models.