She3ar76uc Bosch Ascenta Series 24 Recessed Handle Dishwasher
SHE3AR76UC BoschAscenta Series 24″ Recessed Handle Dishwasher – Black APPEARANCE Recessed Handle Stainless Steel TallTub w/ *PP CONTROLS Red Remaining Time Display Sanitized Indicator Light WASHING SYSTEM 6 Wash Cycles w/ 2 Options Auto Wash Delicate/Economy Wash Express Wash – In 30 Minutes
Bosch 100 Series: Small Upgrades
We mentioned above that Boschs tiers are mostly well-organized. The 100 Series is the exception.
A couple of the 100 Series models are barely different from the Ascenta series. We havent tested these, so were not sure if they perform more like the Ascenta, or more like the other 100 Series models . These dishwashers have a 3 in their model name, and the minor upgrades over the Ascenta include:
- Racks: Two racks, fold-down tray on top for small items
- Fast Cycle: 1-hour wash and dry
But other 100 Series models include some substantial upgrades. And we know for sure that they outperform the basic Ascenta line, particularly when it comes to drying plastic. These dishwashers have a 4 in their model numbers, and add the following features:
- Racks: A third rack, for utensils and other relatively flat items quick height-switching system on middle shelf
- Noise: Quieter performance, rated at 48 decibels
- Fast Cycle: 1-hour wash and dry on the bar-handle model
- Controls: Hidden
- Finishes: Stainless steel or a panel-ready front to match cabinetry
Performance: Impressive And Reliable
When we first ran the Bosch, it was so quiet we werent sure it was working. Our old dishwasher had us so used to hearing a cacophonous choir of pumps, drains, rattles, and powerful roars that we just associated noise with a successful cycle. During our first run, we kept opening it, interrupting the already started cycle to see if it was workingand it was. We watched TV only a few feet away from the appliance and were delighted that because it operates at 50 decibelsthat’s 10 decibels lower than normal conversationwe could wash our dishes after dinner and catch a show at the same time.
Each of the appliances cycles take about 1.5 hours to complete. The exception is a 30-minute express cycle, but with this, the wash temperature only reaches 113 degrees, whereas every other cycle reaches between 122 and 160 degrees, so its not recommended for extra-soiled dishes. Though the performance of all cyclesheavy, auto, normal, delicate, express, and half loadwas reliable, it was an adjustment to have to part with all of our dishes for nearly two hours at a time. With our current dish inventory, midday cycles are no longer an option as we wont have plates or utensils ready in time for dinner.
When we first ran the Bosch, it was so quiet we werent sure it was working.
As the Bosch operated, we noticed various pauses in sound that led us to believe the cycle was over. After trial and error, however, we learned that a cycle isnt over until a long series of beeps.
You May Like: Frigidaire Gallery Dishwasher Parts List
Hui34253uc Bosch 24 S300 Series Cabinet Depth Custom Insert Hood With Home Connect
match your Bosch induction cooktop power. Approximate Dimensions Height: 10 1/2 Width: 20 1/2 Depth: 10 5/8 Consult product specification sheet for exact dimensions. Model Number: HUI34253UC HUI34253UC Bosch 24 S300 Series Cabinet Depth Custom Insert Hood with Home Connect 300 CFM
Cons: Reasons To Avoid A Bosch Dishwasher
- Availability Bosch dishwashers are the most sought-after products on the market. Be prepared to wait given the post-pandemic rush on home improvement. If youre planning a kitchen remodel, get in line now, but if your dishwasher just broke and you need a quick replacement, Bosch may not be the brand for you.
- Upgrade worthy options get pricey Boschs enhanced drying options are game-changers. And the convenience of a 3rd rack cutlery tray is hard to beat. But these and other worthwhile upgrades will put you over $1,000.
- No hard food disposer Bosch utilizes filters to prevent bits of food from clogging your drain and getting into the pump. The system works well, but youll need to clean the filter as it collects debris. Hard food disposers are a maintenance-free option found on some other brands, but theyre loud and prone to breaking down.
Recommended Reading: Whirlpool Dishwasher Won’t Start Cycle
Get Up To 25% Off Ge Caf Kitchen Appliancesobtenez Jusqu 25% De Rabais Sur Les Lectromnagers Ge Caf
Buy any 1 or 2 and get 15% offAchetez nimporte quels 1 ou 2 et obtenez 15 % de rabais
Buy any 3 or 4 and get 20% offAchetez nimporte quels 3 ou 4 et obtenez 20 % de rabais
Buy any 5 or more and get 25% offAchetez nimporte quels 5 ou plus et obtenez 25 % de rabais
Offer excludes accessory kits.Loffre exclut les trousses daccessoires.
Features: Complicated To Navigate But A Lot To Work With
As weve already touched on, this dishwasher is incredibly quiet. While there are soundsyou can hear the rush of water and an electric humtheyre very subtle. We were also impressed by the fact that every cycle, whether half load or heavy, operated at the same 50-decibel level.
The dishwasher has six cycles and two special settings: heavy, auto, normal, delicate, express, and half load, as well sanitation and delayed start. If you want to change the factory settings for the amount of rinse aid that you use in each cycle, or you want to stop and reset a cycle after its been started, youll have to do custom command by holding down two buttons at the same time, counting to three, and waiting for either flashing lights or beeps. Though the manual explains these custom settings well, they dont always work exactly how they say they will. Oftentimes, we had to make up to three attempts to get the dishwasher to stop and reset and it took at least 10 minutes of trial and error to increase the rinse aid release after we realized some of our dishes had residue on them. We assume all of these custom commands will become more like second nature the longer we have the appliance, but they do take some initial getting used to.
With the exception of the express cycle, which seemed to do a better job with pre-washed dishes, every cycle blasted food particles away exceptionally.
Recommended Reading: Ge Dishwasher Door Latch Replacement
Best For Dry Dishes: Bosch Shpm78z55n 800 Series 24
CrystalDry technology for drier dishes
Flexible third rack
Not fingerprint resistant
If you want your plates to come out of the dishwasher dry and cupboard-ready, youll likely want a Boschs 800 Series model since these appliances feature the brands CrystalDry technology. This technology uses a unique system where minerals turn moisture into heat that helps to thoroughly dry all kinds of dishes, including plastic containers. Additionally, this 800 Series model has a large 16 place setting capacity and a flexible third rack and adjustable lower racks to accommodate all types of pots, pans, and dishes.
This dishwasher operates at an extremely quiet 42 decibels, and it offers six different wash cycles, as well as settings like extra dry, sanitizing, and more. Theres even a Speed60 cycle that takes just an hour to wash and dry dishes. The Energy Star-certified model actually exceeds requirements for water savings, using up to 280 fewer gallons a year than a standard dishwasher, but the one major downside is that the exterior isnt fingerprint resistant, meaning its prone to smudges and will need to be buffed out regularly.
Price at time of publish: $1,299
Type: Built-in | Dimensions: 33.88 x 23.75 x23.56 inches | 42 decibels | Capacity: 16 place settings | Cycles: 6 | Tub Material: Stainless steel | Control Location: Top | ADA Compliant: No
Energy Efficient 24 Dishwashers
All Bosch 24 dishwashers are high efficiency and ENERGY STAR® Certified, allowing you to save electricity and water. These standard size dishwashers help you reduce your household energy use with features like Eco Cycle Mode, Half Load, PureDry®, AutoAir® and CrystalDry. If youre looking for a way to make your home more eco-conscious, our selection of Energy Efficient 24″ dishwashers is a great place to start.
Recommended Reading: Dishwasher Maytag Quiet Series 300
Other Dishwashers That Dry We Tested
Another 800 Series dishwasher from Bosch, the SGX78B55UC/13 also uses CrystalDry as its drying technology. What’s more is this model is ADA-compliant, which means it has enhanced accessibility featuresit’s also a bit smaller physically, so keep that in mind if your cabinetry is designed for a standard-sized dishwasher.
Overall, this is an excellent dishwasher, featuring strong cleaning power within relatively short cycle times.
When it comes to features, the SGX78B55UC/13 comes fully loaded, with a third rack, adjustable upper rack, and foldable tines in its lower rack, in addition to Bosch’s suite of smart features.
Best Buy Customers Often Prefer The Following Products When Searching For Bosch Dishwasher 300
Bosch dishwashers are known for being high quality and efficient machines, and their 300 series models are no exception. The best ones are easy to use, durable, and works fast. If youre looking for a new dishwasher, here are some options. Browse the top-ranked list of Bosch 300 dishwashers below along with associated reviews and opinions.
Love my new dishwasher asher. Its very quiet and cleans very well.Bosch300 Series 24dishwasherBosch300 series dishwasher
Also Check: Best Dishwasher For Hard Water
Hui36253uc Bosch 36 S300 Series Cabinet Depth Custom Insert Hood With Home Connect
match your Bosch induction cooktop power. Approximate Dimensions Height: 10 1/2 Width: 32 1/2 Depth: 10 5/8 Consult product specification sheet for exact dimensions. Model Number: HUI36253UC HUI36253UC Bosch 36 S300 Series Cabinet Depth Custom Insert Hood with Home Connect 300 CFM
Design: Modish And Modest
Boschs top control dishwasher boasts a smooth, stainless-steel face thats mostly fingerprint resistant. If you touch the face with greasy, post-pizza fingers it will show some smudges, but with clean hands, nothing shows. If you do drip anything on the exterior, the dishwasher can easily be cleaned with a damp ragwe found that it doesnt hold onto grime.
Since the dishwasher features a top control designAKA the controls are hidden in the top of the doorthat means there arent any buttons or features on the outside, either. This meant the Bosch had no issue blending into our kitchen in fact, it looks more like a stainless steel accent cabinet than an appliance.
The interior of the dishwasher is also stainless steel which gives it a clean and sterile look. Some elements of the storage racks can be customized to your liking , but thanks to the dishwashers tall tub design, youll be able to fit larger plates, cutting boards, and pans no matter the configuration.
While Bosch claims that this Ascenta model offers 30 percent more load space compared to other dishwashers, we honestly didnt notice much of a difference. If youre loading up pots, pans, and a days worth of dishes, youll likely struggle, but a regular loadup to 14 place settingsis no issue. The dishwasher also has more than enough room for flatware and the built-in holders are incredibly helpful, especially for holding hard-to-wash items like garlic presses, emon squeezes, and whisks.
You May Like: Samsung Dishwasher Water Inlet Valve
Will They Clean My Plates
After weeks of testing multiple Ascenta models in our state-of-the-art labs, we found the Ascenta series cleaning capabilities on par with other dishwashers at similar price points. Each models Normal cycle should be expected to fully remove typical dinner stains, while Heavy Duty is dependable for baked-on stains, like burnt cheese.
You may notice some redepositthats when stains wash off one plate only to land on another. If it becomes a problem, dont be afraid to go with the Heavy Duty cycle more often, as it is still relatively efficient.
Why Doesn’t My Plasticware Dry
Dishwashers have a harder time drying plastics because plastics are harder to dry in general.
Plastics do not retain heat the same way ceramic, metal, and glass do, so while residual heat from the warm water of the dishwasher cycle can make normal dishes warm enough that they can evaporate away any remaining water droplets, plastics do not share that ability.
Additionally, most plastics are light enough that they can be tossed around by the water jets, so even though you placed your Tupperware containers upside down on the upper rack, there’s still a good chance that it will end up right side up, with water at the bottom.
Don’t Miss: Dishwasher 18 Inch Stainless Steel
Up To $400 Off Whirlpool Major Kitchen Appliancesjusqu 400 $ Lectromnagers Pour La Cuisine De Marque Whirlpool
Buy any 2 and get $200 offAchetez nimporte quels 2 et obtenez 200 $ de rabais
Buy any 3 and get $300 offAchetez nimporte quels 3 et obtenez 300 $ de rabais
Buy any 4 or more and get $400 offAchetez nimporte quels 4 ou plus et obtenez 400 $ de rabais
Excludes clearance, microwaves, accessories and commercial or builder products.Exclut les offres de liquidation, les micro-ondes, les accessoires et les articles offerts aux ventes commerciales et aux constructeurs.
Best Overall Top Control: Bosch Shpm65z55n 500 Series Top Control Tall Tub Pocket Handle Dishwasher
AutoAir option aids in dish drying
Additional kit required for hardwiring
No heated dry cycle
The Bosch 500 Series Top Control Dishwasher is a mid-priced model from the brand that boasts a sleek stainless steel exterior with a recessed handle. Its chic look and clever features make it our top pick. The control panel is hidden on the top of the door for a seamless appearance, and the dishwasher has a wide range of features that make it easy and convenient to operate. For instance, the unit has a flexible third rack with expandable wings that offer more space for utensils, and the brands PrecisionWash system uses sensors to continually check the progress of dishes throughout the cycle, ensuring they come out perfectly clean.
This dishwasher operates at just 44 decibels thanks to a variety of sound-dampening design features, and youll only know its running thanks to a red beam that shines onto the floor. The upper rack of the dishwasher is height-adjustable, and the bottom rack has FlexSpace Tines that fold down to accommodate large and bulky itemswhich means no more struggling to fit your favorite casserole dish in there. The spacious interior can hold up to 16 place settings at a time, making it ideal for large households or frequent hosts.
Price at time of publish: $1,099
Type: Built-in | Dimensions: 33.88 x 23.75 x23.56 inches | 44 decibels | Capacity: 16 place settings | Cycles: 5 | Tub Material: Stainless steel | Control Location: Top | ADA Compliant: No
Also Check: My Frigidaire Dishwasher Won’t Start
Pros: Reasons To Buy A Bosch Dishwasher
- Ultra-quiet Noise is a top concern for many dishwasher shoppers, and Bosch is the brand that started the race towards producing the quietest dishwashers over 20 years ago. At the top end of their dishwasher lineup Bosch is so quiet they need an indicator called InfoLight that shines on the floor to let you know when the cycle has finished.
- Great wash performance This is the one area where all Bosch dishwashers are the same. Boschs wash system is a carefully engineered combination of motors, pumps, sensors, filters, and spray arms, and its part of every dishwasher in Boschs lineup. While youll pick up fancier specialty cycles on the high-end models, even the entry-level Bosch will do a great job cleaning your everyday loads thoroughly and efficiently.
- Reliability Theyre built to last. If properly maintained, a Bosch dishwasher can last for 10 years or more .
- Budget-friendly Bosch offers dishwashers for every budget, starting at around $500 for their entry level Ascenta/100 series to around $2,300 for their luxury top-of-the-line Benchmark models.
- Seamless design options From hidden pocket handles to specialty caseslike panel-ready dishwashers with doors to match your kitchen cabinets, or a small, 18-inch dishwasher for a home bartheres a Bosch model to suit your taste.
Also Check: How To Drain Water Out Of Dishwasher
The Model Number Tells All
If you get confused, the best way to learn more about the dishwasher youre buying is by taking a look at the model number.
500 and 300 Series dishwashers feature pushbutton controls, while the 800 Series has touch controls.
Though model numbers may look randomly generated, every SKU tells a story. For example, lets examine the SHE33T55UC. Just from looking at this number, you can tell its a 24-inch model with external controls in the 300 Series, with a stainless finish. How?
- The initial S tells us that the product is a dishwasher.
- If the second letter is an H, its a standard 24-inch model. If its a G, its a 24-inch ADA compliant model. If its a P, the dishwasher is a compact, ADA-compliant 18-inch model.
- The third letter tells us what the handle and display combination is. An E, for instance, means external controls. X means the dishwasher has a bar handle, while a P means the dishwasher has a pocket handle. A V means the dishwasher is panel ready.
- The fourth digit tells us what series the dishwasher is in. 3 = 300 Series. A = Ascenta, 5 = 500 Series, 8 = 800 Series, and P = Benchmark.
- The eighth digit tells what color the machine is. 5 = Stainless, 6 = Black, 2 = White, and 3 = Panel Ready.
Simple enough, right? Armed with this information, you can find the right dishwasher for your needs.
Don’t Miss: Kitchenaid Heating Element For Dishwasher
Bosch 800 Series: Refinements And Clever Tech
The 800 Series has more handle styles and finishes available than the 500 Series, and a few other upgraded features. They include:
- Noise: Very quiet performance, rated at 42 decibels
- Drying: Heat-releasing mineral tech gets plastic bone-dry
- Controls: Hidden touch-sensitive panel
- Handles: Pocket or bar handle
- Finishes: Stainless steel, black stainless, or panel-ready front to match cabinetry
- WiFi: One model can connect to a companion app for easier troubleshooting
Theres also the 800 Series Premium, with a few extra noteworthy upgrades, including:
- Racks: An extra-deep third rack, large enough for certain cereal bowls
- Style: Metallic-finish handles on the racks
- Noise: Even quieter at 40 decibels, though the improvement may be hard to notice
800 Series models are also available in a compact 18-inch width. Several ADA-compliant models are available as well, including one 24-inch-width option. Each of these specialty models includes a tray for water-softening salts.